Value additional Educational Initiatives
Value additional Educational Initiatives:
- Continued efforts that respond to the current and future needs of children in the areas of Gross National Happiness, Core Bhutanese Values, Digital Literacy, Gender Equality, Inclusive Education and other relevant areas.
- VTOB Digital Action and Inspiring Technology (V-DAIT): Promoting Digital Literacy and Technological Engagement in the society.
- V-INCLUDE: Fostering meaningful engagement and support programs for out of school children, unemployed youth and differently abled children.
- 5 Minutes of VTOB: A YouTube channel to provide platform for creative and innovative content creation by children and teachers.
Teacher and Students Research Promotion
Teacher and Students Research Promotion:
- Activities to build professional learning communities as well as contribute to academic repository and quality resources for policy makers.
- VTOB Research Inspiration and Motivation (V-RIM): Promoting Research Culture in Teachers and Children with long term plans for a Contemporary Education Journal.
- VTOB Professional Learning Communities (V-PLC) : Motivating professional groups for pedagogical and professional learning whilst promoting lifelong learning.
- EduTALK Bhutan: Creating platform for online and offline Educational Conversations on Future Fitting Education.
- VTOB Self-Sustaining Educational Studio (V-SES): Educational content creation through creative pedagogical approaches and using innovative technology so as to foster eLearning opportunities.
Opportunities for Nurturing Productive Citizens
Opportunities for Nurturing Productive Citizens:
- A series of projects which will develop/deliver/build GNH Values, Life Skills Education, Well Being Education, Social Emotional Learning, Active Citizenship, Education for Sustainable Development and Lifelong Learning thereby nurturing a society of responsible citizens.
- V-INCLUDE: Fostering meaningful engagement and support programs for out of school children and unemployed youth.
- V-EARLY CARE: Organising projects and programs to prioritise foundational years of children in citizenship education so as to nurture productive citizens.
- V-COLLABORATE: Strengthening of relationship and impact through collaborative projects.
- Waste Warriors: A nation wide school based waste management initiative working towards achieving the theme that Waste Management starts with Mindset Management.
- The Teacher I Remember: An initiative to pay tribute to teachers through stories of teachers touching lives so that we motivate every teacher to be a teacher that their students remember.
- VTOB Youth: A youth focused group to enable, empower and engage youths for positive change.
- Rich Hearts to Reach Hearts: An annual special charity event for the monks which aims at giving with a cause.
Building a Well-Read Bhutan and Knowledge-based Society
Building a Well-Read Bhutan and Knowledge-based Society:
- Initiate short term and long-term reading and writing initiatives for our children, inclusive of out of school children with focus on remote areas.
- VTOB Children’s Reading and Writeshop (V-CRAW) : Promoting reading and writing culture as well as engagement of children meaningfully during school holidays.
- 10 Pages a Day Reading Journey: Promoting reading culture in partnership with Drukyul’s Literature Festival: Bhutan Echoes to achieve #wellreadbhutan.
- The Reading Retreat:- A partnership program with the Reading Retreat team which conducts an annual reading programme every summer vacation.